Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default Arny is caught lying - again!

On 25 Noi, 17:57, "BretLudwig" wrote:
All you cocksuckers do is bearbait Krueger. If you had any class you'd
leave him alone.

--

bearbait, I lke that, it has a certain ring to it.

"Thursday, the fourteenth of July, and the sixth day of her Majesty’s
coming, a great sort of bandogs [mastiff] were then tied in the outer
court and thirteen bears in the inner . . .

Well, sir, the bears were brought forth into the court, the dogs set
to them, to argue the points even face to face. They had learned
counsel also on both parts, what may they be counted partial that are
retained but to one side ? I know not. Very fierce, both one and the
other, and eager in argument. If the dog in pleading would pluck the
bear by the throat, the bear with traverse would claw him again by the
scalp, confess and a list, but avoid it could not that was bound to
the bar, and his counsel told him that it could be to him no policy in
pleading.

Therefore, with fending & proving, with plucking and tugging,
scratching and biting, by plain tooth and nail on one side and the
other, such expense of blood and leather [skin] was there between
them, as a months licking (I think) will not recover, and yet remain
as far out as ever they were.

It was a sport very pleasant, of these beasts, to see the bear with
his pink eyes leering after his enemies approach, the nimbleness and
wayt [wait] of the dog to take his advantage, and the force and
experience of the bear again to avoid the assaults. If he were bitten
in one place, how he would pinch in another to get free, that if he
were taken once, then what shift, with biting, with clawing, with
roaring, tossing and tumbling, he would work to wind himself free from
them. And when he was loose, to shake his ears twice or thrice with
the blood and the slather about his physiognomy, was a matter of
goodly relief.[1]"

^ quoted in Ribton-Turner, C. J. 1887 Vagrants and Vagrancy and
Beggars and Begging, London, 1887, p.111