SSJVCmag

On 9/29/05 7:50 PM, in article
, "patric deimon"
wrote:

I have an old set of 901 -II's. The active EQ only works on one side.
Before anyone posts that them not working is a blessing (I have a
restaurant I think they would be good in) I would just like to see them
working.

Question 1... Has anyone figured out the eq curve for these for those of
us with graphic eq's lying around doing nothing?

Question 2...Anyone know someone or somewhere that works on the active
eq's for these systems?

Thanks for any help and info

I don;t hate or ridicule the 901/802 stuff.
There... You;re safe.
Let the world throw stuff.

Now, the EQ is approachable a few different ways

1- fix the one you've got

2- Fake it

3- get an analyser and do your best job with it.

BASICALLY it's just a specific version of a smiley-face EQ.
(like a smei-tractor is a specific version of a VW...)

In a pinch, when stuck with a client's incomplete rig (6 802's, power and NO
EQ!) I've forced them into a semblance of proper shape by ear.

I'd spend the time and $$ on having the EQ made for those speakers
straightened out.