Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Thanks everyone for your responses!

On Aug 10, 7:08 pm, "maxhifi" wrote:
There's quite a variety represented here - most foreign to me are the push
pull 845s, and the fact that speakers actually exist to make an SE 45
useful!

That "useful" is an exceedingly small universe, pretty much limited to
extremely efficient speakers and signal with a PA average of about
10dB or so and for those who wish to listen either to very limited
repertoire and/or at very low volume.

Not to say that such do not exist, but that they are not particularly
adapted to the way that most of us use our systems in the real world.

It is only a certain sort of person that can convince themselves that
90hz to 15,000hz down 6dB or more at anything outside those limits can
be mistaken for "full frequency".

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA