Posted to rec.audio.pro
CoolWebs CoolWebs is offline

Default Finding Cool Places to Record

As a musician, I've always been particularly inspired to perform in
rooms that have a nice natural ambiance to them. Churches,
auditoriums, stages, warehouses, stairwells, etc... As an amateur
producer, I'd like to try and find cool sounding spaces to record
myself and my friend's bands to see if having a great sounding room
will improve the sound of our crappy instruments and recording gear. I
know we could pay to go to a real studio but I'm looking for places I
can get into for free just for fun and to try and get an inspired
performance with some hint of decent room sound to add character to
these recordings. Any tips? I'm thinking places like school
auditoriums and such. How can we get in when no one is using them???