Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Anything you think was consistently done better in the past in the pro/commercial recording world than how it's done today?

Don Pearce wrote:
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 15:09:35 -0500, Tatonik
wrote:

On 8/29/20 9:35 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

The Beatles... they were a phenomenon unto themselves. They weren't rock,
they weren't pop, they weren't blues, they were all three at the same time
but really they weren't anything but the Beatles. I fear we shall not see
their like again.

My father said they destroyed American music and they certainly transformed it.

My great-uncle said the Beatles were part of a Communist plot, though to
put this in context, he said the same of fluoridated water and a number
of other things.

Ah, the "reds under the bed" mob. That was a dark period in US history
that still lingers in the oath of allegiance. Time the real version
was restored.

It's weird. I grew up listening to everybody talking about the threat of
Communist Russians. Then the Soviet Union fell and now we have Capitalist
Russians. And the funny thing is, Capitalist Russians don't seem much
different than Communist Russians.