Posted to rec.audio.tech
PanHandler[_2_] PanHandler[_2_] is offline

Default Bose Patrician Dadgummit - ELECTRO VOICE

"PanHandler" wrote in message
As I was reading the thread on Bose 901 speakers I was reminded of an
ELECTRO VOICE system of the mid-late sixties. It was a single cabinet unit
about 8' long by about 3' high and had a convex curved front panel with
ports (slots?) at each end near the mid and high drivers. The curved panel
looked about 5½ feet wide. The model name was 'Patrician' possibly with a
suffix number. It had a 30" woofer. I used to have an old Audio magazine
from the era, and there was a write-up on it, along with a photo. I've worn
Google out looking
for info, but no joy on this particular 'Patrician'. Please... somebody tell
me I haven't lost my marbles and at least say "yeah, I seem to recall
something like that". Mebbe I'll sleep better hearing at least that much!