Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

Default Denon DCR-470R connector pinout

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
news:Ien6h.315687$5R2.307249@pd7urf3no...
wrote:
I finally got hold of a schematic (PDF file) for that car stereo which
I'm trying to use its CD-changer input for my MP3 player.

http://www.esnips.com/web/no-spam2-files

Anyone knowledgable in electronics who can figure out how this can be
done?
I just want to connect the headphone output from my MP3 player into the
car stereo without having to use a cassette adapter as I'm using now.

Looks like pins 1 and 3 are your CD in right and left, and pins 2 and 4
are ground (use either or both).

Easiest way is probably to pick up a headphone extension cable and a male
DIN plug to fit the back of the deck; cut the female end off the
extension, and solder as appropriate into the DIN plug - red is typically
right+, white or black is left+, and the shield is ground.

I agree with that, but pin 4 or 5 may have to be triggered somehow to tell
the unit to switch to changer input.
or 4 and/or 5, and/or 6 might have to have a load on them before it will
switch.
Or do you think that just pressing the changer button on unit will activate
changer input?
I know a lot of new unit want to see a load before it switches to changer
input.