Posted to rec.audio.car
BigBob BigBob is offline

Default Denon DCR-470R connector pinout

http://cgi.ebay.com/DENON-10-DISK-CD...QQcmdZViewItem

there is a pic of the cable here, might help you decide what to do.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've just bought a second hand Denon DCR-470R (cassette/radio) car
stereo to replace the aging one in my car and noticed that there's a
small connector on the back which resembles a S-video connector.

There's a pinout diagram on top of the unit for the regular audio/power
connectors, but nothing for the abovementioned one. Since the unit
seems to be made with a CD-changer in mind (there's a button for that
and "CD changer control" is printed on the cassette slot) I suppose
this is where the CD changer should be connected, which has given me an
idea.....

We're aiming to connect an MP3 player to the car stereo via a cassette
adaptor, but surely a line-in would probably give better quality audio,
so perhaps this connector could be used with the MP3 player instead of
a CD changer !?!

Has anyone got a pinout for it, or know where I can find out more? I've
had a look at Denon's website, but there's nothing there about car
stereos.