Posted to rec.audio.car
brianlanning brianlanning is offline

Default Denon DCR-470R connector pinout

wrote:
We're aiming to connect an MP3 player to the car stereo via a cassette
adaptor, but surely a line-in would probably give better quality audio,
so perhaps this connector could be used with the MP3 player instead of
a CD changer !?!
Has anyone got a pinout for it, or know where I can find out more? I've
had a look at Denon's website, but there's nothing there about car
stereos.

You're not likely to get it working. There's probably a protocol or
language that the changer and the head unit speak to eachother. Even if
it is analog (i.e., they're not delivering a digital stream over the
wire and relying on the d/a converter in the head unit to do the
conversion) you probably won't be able to convince the head unit that
there's really a cd changer there and start listing to the line in.

I'd go with the cassette adapter until you can get a head unit with a
separate line in port. Some half-din EQs have them also.

brian