Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Stereophonic Realism - a Tautology

In article ,
Barkingspyder wrote:

On Monday, May 27, 2013 8:05:25 AM UTC-7, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
Audio_Empire wrote:

Loking at the descriptions of Ambiophonics and Sonic holography, it
seems they are working on the same concept, namely eliminating
crosstalk. Having heard SH on a demo disc I can say I was impressed
with some of the recordings and less so with others. Like any audio
experience it all depends on the quality of the recording. I have
heard some recordings that were so-called purist recording using just
2 microphones that sounded amazing and quite realistic. I think it
always comes down to the quality of the gear being used to do the
recording and the experience and taste of the recording engineer.
Then lastly but most important is the listener. What pleases the
listener is really all that counts.

True. Unfortunately, no single recording will please all listeners, and
the business of recording, like all businesses these days are so
cynical, that many really don't care what their product sounds like as
long as it sells to those who have no tastes to please, because they
don't care about sound at all. just the "tunes".