Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Using PC speakers on a TV?

"Doug Freyburger" wrote in message
We have a new TV (finally replaced the last non-HD set in the house)
and it has speakers in the back. The sound echoes in the cabinet and
it sounds off. That and TV speakers blow even to my uncritical ear.

Since PC speakers are cheap I took a pair off the shelf figuring I'd be
able to get a Y cable to convert from the separate red and white RCA
jacks on the back of the TV to the stereo 3.5 mm headphone/PC jack on
the back of the speakers.

No luck, the Y cable only gave me one channel. I hoped the wiring would
be there for both channels but apparently it's not. I tried a lot of
stations in case that one happened to be broadcasting in mono. Still no
luck.

This should work. If one channel works, both should work.

What happens when you pull the headphone jack plug out a notch?

Is it fully seated when set up normally. If its not fully seated, I've had
the symptoms you mention.