Mike Rivers

Default dolby coax to L,C,R,LS,RS,LFE

In article writes:

Actually, DOES anybody make a simple box with a Dolby bitstream in, and
S-PDIF out to external converters, or clean analogue discrete outputs?
I'd like something a good bit cheaper than the Dolby unit, but I'd like
something more solidly built and without all that additional processing
crap that the consumer receivers have.

Ah, the old "why does less cost more?" question. You know the answer
to that one. The cheapest way gets you more bells and whistles because
that's what the manufacturers want the consumers to buy (and they do).

You want solid and straightforward, you buy the pro model for the pro
price. I haven't looked at the routing possibilities of that TASCAM
surround monitor router gadget, but I know it has digital I/O. What I
don't know is if it goes in the right direction for your application.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )