Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default Hi Voltage switcher for audio.

Vicor has nice and small dc/dc converters 12V in to 95V out (adjustable).
http://www.vicr.com/documents/datasheets/ds_vi-j00.pdf.

If you're lucky you can find these in machines at the scrap-metal yard.
You could use 2 in series fed by the same 12V SMPS you use for the heaters.

I plan a headphone amplifier with one or 2 of these modules. I tought 6N6
tubes might be OK.

Some industrial laser printers use multi-output SMPS with e.g. 300V 0.3A
output in addition to 12 and 24V and 5V adjustable as well, ideal for a tube
amplifier. Internally 2 rectified secundaries are placed in series to make
the 300V. I think finding efficiënt high speed HV diodes are the problem.
The new SiC diodes might bring relief to that problem soon.

Patrick
schreef in bericht
. ..
Hi group:

Has anyone in the group found a switcher good enough for high voltage (180
VDC), low current (.010 amps)
audio use. When I say good enough, I'm referring to noise and EMI. I've
been looking at LT, National and power integrations
but haven't found anything yet. I also need 12V @1.0 amp for filaments.
Any ideas appreciated.

RonL