Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Philips DCC - stuck cassette drawer

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Is *anyone* at all familiar with how this crazy drawer mechanism works ?

I know how some of the Philips standard cassette machines work. Does it
have a belt on the loading motor by any chance? One that is slipping?

It's actually hard to see. I'm trying to get the front panel off to see it
better but I suspect I need the drawer to eject to get the panel off !!!!

It does sound like a slipping belt but there's something quite solid jamming
things. I can't make it move with my finger as I did initially to release the
jam.

I could take some pics and post them in a binaries group.

Graham