ScottW

Default Note to the Idiot

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

The measurements do not adequately describe the perceptions of the

sound
of
the music

Possibly, and occasionally the preceptions only exist in the ear of

the
beholder.

Then you must worship at the feet of the Gods of Accuracy
and listen to music that 'tests' perfectly, no matter whether
it is perceived to sound good, or not.

Don't go and stick words in my mouth. You didn't hear
me profess the need for absolute accuracy or even realism.

What I am referring to are the reviews where different units
are compared and perceptions of differences in sonic
performances are claimed which can't
be validated through differences in measured performance.
Accuracy or lack thereof is irrelevant. I would like to see
these subjective perceptions of difference validated through
DBTs. I don't think that is too much to ask of the
professionals performing these reviews.

I will listen to what I perceive as sounding good.

As do I. I am not talking about listening. I am talking
about reading, actually paying for a professionals opinion
on the sonic characteristics of equipment.

The interesting point is whether or not one would
change one's perception of the sound of the music,
after learning how accurate or not the equipment tests.
A reverse expectation effect.

I have heard systems which are supposedly far more accurate
than mine which weren't as pleasing to me. I do realize that
we get accustomed to things. I still enjoy my old Large Advents.
Everytime I play Selling England I long for those speakers just
because of the unique way they'd nearly explode on that low
organ note on Firth of Fifth. Nothing accurate about it, but I still like
it.

BTW, Merry Christmas. I hope you're recovering from your flood.

ScottW