Sockpuppet Yustabe

Default Note to the Idiot

"ScottW" wrote in message
news:hGsGb.37833$m83.16466@fed1read01...

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote in message
news0pGb.37791$m83.36994@fed1read01...

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

I just read Sanders' latest salvo at you in which he claimed that at

social dinner, you launched into a rant about Stereophile not doing
blind testing of equipment.

If that's true -- and I accept it at face value based on the little

know of you -- I am absolutely certain that any time I spent in your
company would be wasted and a total bore.

If you accept anything Sanders says at face value you're much stupider
than I thought.

But explain this contradiction in Stereophile.

They provide eloquent subjective appraisals of equipment including
lots of words on the "sound" of the equipment.

They also provide detailed test measurements.

Sometimes the two don't fully concur with one another. Why?

ScottW

The measurements do not adequately describe the perceptions of the sound

of
the music

Possibly, and occasionally the preceptions only exist in the ear of the
beholder.

Then you must worship at the feet of the Gods of Accuracy
and listen to music that 'tests' perfectly, no matter whether
it is perceived to sound good, or not.

I will listen to what I perceive as sounding good.

The interesting point is whether or not one would
change one's perception of the sound of the music,
after learning how accurate or not the equipment tests.
A reverse expectation effect.