Scott Gardner

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:24:19 GMT, MZ wrote:

look tell any1 wanting to fix your amp. i'll pay you $55 plus parts max.
or you get 0 plus 0.n i find a new amp. usually they cave in.

You really shouldn't take advantage of the high school kids at vocational
high schools like that...

If I ever got an ultimatum like that ($55 plus parts, max), you can
bet your ass I wouldn't spend a bunch of time troubleshooting it down
to the individual failed component. I'd rip out the entire section
that has the bad part and replace it with a new one. After all, if
he's willing to pay a fair price for the parts, but not for my labor,
then by God, it's parts he'll get!

--
Scott Gardner

"There is a wicked pretense that one has been informed. But no such thing has truly occurred! A mere slogan, an empty litany. No arguments are heard, no evidence is weighed. It isn't news at all, only a source of amusement for idlers." (Gibson-Sterling, The Difference Engine)