Chad Wahls

"Scott Gardner" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:49:05 +0100, "Christopher O'Callaghan"
wrote:

So............ after all those replies, still no help in my situation at
all.... Is my amp fuct? is it repairable? how much am I looking at? I am
an
engineer, would it be easy enough to pin point the problem??

I posted this yesterday, but it might have gotten lost in all the
noise. I dont think there's much else to say on the subject:

"Well, you've exhausted all of the easy/obvious stuff, so it's
probably time to take it to a shop if you'd like to keep the amp.
Expect them to charge you $50-75 to diagnose it, but they'll usually
deduct that amount off of your bill if you have it fixed.

I'm not familiar with that particular amp, other than having read the
spec sheet and the owner's manual, but Audiobahn is a pretty
well-respected brand. I'd at least have it checked out. If it's
going to be less than $100 to have it fixed, I'd have it fixed if it
were my amp.

Of course, if you've been looking to upgrade to a different amp, this
might be the perfect opportunity."

--
Scott Gardner

"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to
create him." (Arthur C. Clarke)

I used to charge 50 bucks when it hit the door coming in. After that it was
35 bucks an hour plus parts. Nearly all amps went out for between 50 and
100 dollars unless it was a full rebuild on a larger amp.

I did this to keep my chops up after retiring from pro audio repair, your
prices may be higher depending on your area. I was a little lower in price
than my competition on average, some were cheaper but they were hacks.

The amp probably has 2 fuses in parallel, some do this now so standard blade
automotive fuses can be used. If the channel has shorted transistors then
it will throw the whole amp into protect by shutting down the power supply,
I doubt highly it has dual power supplies. I would suspect something quite
simple, probably lower in cost.

Chad