Powell

"Howard Ferstler" wrote

Line
conditioning is a joke. If power was screwed up as
some of the tweako freakos claim, no appliances
would work properly.

Hmmm so the perceived benefits are most likely a placebo
effect huh?

Neither Howard or Arny have any experience with line
conditioners. Many audio stores will allow you to demo
these devices for free so there is no financial risk.

I reviewed some line-conditioner products...

Hehehe... "products?"

... in issue 89 of The Sensible Sound.

"Sensible Sound"... Zzzzzz.

Engineer Fred Davis helped...

"Fred Davis"... never heard of him.

both of us concluded that the devices were gimmicks.

That's rich, you don't even recall what you reviewed.

We also reviewed some exotic (and expensive) power
cords. Still gimmicks.

I suspect they weren't an advertiser product, per
usual.

Any audio component that has a power supply so
cheap that it cannot deal with the kind of minor
power line glitches found today should not be
purchased in the first place.

Really? You're advocating that consumer should open
the case and inspect the electrical design. That would
require knowledge that you don't have. Just more of
the, do-as-I-say, not-as-I-do.

Howard Ferstler is Hardscrabble®