Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Dual 621 turntable fix

wrote:

Hi David, did you have any luck in fixing this... coz I have a same proble=
m.=20
Unfortunately the Service Manual that I found on the net is in German.

These things are horrible abominations that need to die, but they are really
not difficult to work on if you think about the mechanics. Everything is
controlled by the big yellow brain cam and if something is moving or not moving
it is likely because whatever the brain cam is supposed to be shifting is not
moving.

What is useful about the service manual are the tear-down diagrams, the text
is really not useful anyway. Turn the thing on the side and watch what
happens as you set the lever into play... see how the brain cam turns and
what it's moving. It may not be in the right position or one of the gadgets
that follows it may be cracked or broken.

But really, the whole idea of stacking records and autochanging is a bad
one if you care about your records.