Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] S888Wheel@aol.com is offline

Default Audiophilia in the 21st Century

On Dec 1, 11:20�am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 30, 4:25 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 30, 8:32?am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
wrote in message

No. But I did see the obvious anti vinyl bias in such
a broad sweeping claim. Perhaps if you had done the
comparisons with bias controls in place I might have
taken your assertion more seriously.
Single blind tests = essentially no adequate bias
controls.
That simply is not true.

Nobody has taken single blind tests seriously since
Clever Hans *talked* back in the early 1800s.

You snipped an important part of my post. So I will
restate it.

It is just an irrelevant truism.

Then you should easily be able to prove it. Please do so.

Your failure to cite any peer review paper on
psychoacoustics that assert single blind tests are
inadequate for hobbyists' personal use puts your
assertions in perspective. assertions without support.

Here we have a false argument based on adding �on irrelevant qualifications
until the conditions are practically impossible to meet.

Given that we are talking about blind tests done by an audiophile for
the sake of his hobby it clearly is completely relevant. The standards
of rigor do vary by the purpose and use of the test.

This is just another case of faulty logic.
No, its not. If single blind tests are so good, why are
DBTs practically required when human life and health
is at stake?

Huh? Are you asserting that they are doing DBTs in
emergency wards and intensive care units?

Here we have yet another false argument based on irrelevant conditions.

You stated those conditions. In this case you asserted that DBTs are
required when human life and health are at stake. Clearly human life
and health are at stake in hospitals and emergency wards. Clearly they
are not doing DBTs. So it would seem your assertion is simply wrong.
not that it would have mattered because it was also irrelevant.

Prove it to me. Looking forward to that unprocessed,
unedited side of a LP transcribed to a CD.

Sorry Arny but I am not interested in trying to persuade
*you* of anything.

Then show that you actually believe in this to the point where you stop
arguing that the LP is generally superior to the CD.

Why? If these were private emails that would be a logical request.
Given that it is a public forum....

I believe you are too committed to the old subjectiveist/ objectivist
feud.

In fact this has nothing to do with your failure to back your claims up by
doing something that tens of thousands of home audiophiles do every day.

Actually it has a lot to do with it. You have failed to give me any
good reason to make any CD copies from my vinyl. Something that would
require me to buy or borrow some equipment. OTOH if you are interested
in doing some bias controlled listening tests to demonstrate your
ability to identify these alleged gross inherent distortions of vinyl
by ear alone I would be very interested in participating by making
some CD copies.