Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
Steve[_12_] Steve[_12_] is offline

Default HD RADIO is no worse than DAB or DRM radio

On Sep 30, 1:45 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

In my market, Chicago, the top 2 stations account for about 10% of the
listeners. The bottom 15 on the Arbitron list draw 1% or less. And there
are a number of stations which don't even make the list.

When the People Meter comes, it shows more market compression. In fact, in
Houston, the #1 and the #15 station are only 0.2 ratings points apart.

If you look at the Arbitron numbers, which are the useless 12+ figures, you
will see that in nearly every market there is only one AM in the top 10,
save those markets with multiple full coverage 50 kw stations.... like
Chicago. Bit if you go to 18-54, the sales demo range, only one AM is in the
top 15, WBBM, and it is 10th.

The Arbitron lists cut off at a particular point. I show 39 stations with
some listening in Chicago, while the Arbitron page shows less... but not one
is licensed outside the metro.

Stop clinging to the past. And while you're at it, stop lying about
the past, too.