Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car
[email protected] SFTVratings_troy@yahoo.com is offline

Default HD RADIO is no worse than DAB or DRM radio

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"SFTV_troy" wrote in message

True, but I've read the DRB+ standard (already implemented in store
radios) will fix that problem by using MPEG4 HE-AAC+SBR, thus erasing
any compression artifacts.

(HE-AAC can achieve FM as low as 64 kbps)(CD quality at 96 kbps).
Don't you think that's a positive
development?

I don't believe it. The digital radio advocates have a history of bold-faced
lies, which usually include "CD quality." Don't believe anything you read.

Actually, I don't believe anything I read (including those who are
anti-Digital Radio or anti-HDTV or anti-CD). I try to investigate
things myself, and I was sharing my own experience with the AAC+ codec
which is:

16 kbps == AM quality
24 kbps == near-FM quality
64 kbps == FM quality and near-CD