Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
[email protected] SFTVratings_troy@yahoo.com is offline

Default HD RADIO is no worse than DAB or DRM radio

Brenda Ann wrote:
"SFTV_troy" wrote in message
ps.com...

I tend not to hate commercials. For me commercials provide FREE
television and FREE radio (not having to pay $13 a month).

That's a positive not a negative.

You do realize (maybe you don't) that that argument is actually a straw man.

There's no such thing as 'free' radio or television. When you buy a product
(Coke, Ford, KFC, Trojan Enz) you're paying for "free" broadcast media.

What makes you think I buy that trash? I actually buy very little
(since I'm not rich). Besides in nations like the UK that have
commercial-free TV and radio, are the products any cheaper than U.S.
products?

NOPE. UK pays the same price.

It's a mistake to think that, if the FCC suddenly declared commercials
can no longer be aired on TV/radio, that U.S. companies would happily
cut their prices in half. That would not happen.