Posted to rec.audio.tech
inter naughtfull inter naughtfull is offline

Default Antenna longer for C. Crane Witness how?

Hi,

I have a C. Crane Witness radio. It came with a short wire FM antenna
that plugs into the headphone jack. It doesn't receive that well, and I
was wondering how to get a longer one. I've looked online and can't
find one. The antenna has a little
half length mini plug that doesn't cut the speakers out when you plug it in.
I want to use this radio because it has a record feature.

I was considering cutting off the end of the original antenna and splicing
on another wire. I'm not sure what type of wire to use though.
Can I use an old pair of ear bud wires? Does it have to be a special
type of wire for an antenna?

Thanks,

itchy