normanstrong

Default Yet another DBT post

"Mkuller" wrote in message
"normanstrong" wrote:
I've asked this question before, but nobody has seen fit to answer

it:
What is it that makes a sighted test sighted?
Those of you who feel
that blind testing "obscures" audible differences that are easily
heard sighted--what do you mean by "sighted?"

*Sighted* has nothing to do with the sense of sight. It merely

means the
subject *knows* which component is playing. In a *blind* ABX type

test, the
subject does not know which of two components is playing, he must

match it to
his memory of the sound of 'A' or 'B'.
Regards,
Mike

Now we're getting somewhere. By "knows" which unit is connected I
presume you don't mean the make and model number. If you'd never
heard of that company, this wouldn't constitute a sighted test, would
it? What I'm driving at is: just what is necessary before you can
claim that you've taken a valid sighted test?

Norm Strong