Bob Marcus

Default Yet another DBT post

Harry Lavo wrote:

So following this logic, an audio only test uses less of the brain.

Certainly in the sense that the portion(s) of the brain making the
same/different decision are not receiving certain stimuli that it/they would
be receiving in a sighted comparison.

ergo,
using more processing in more parts of the brain must interfere somehow
with
this audio processing.

Not "interfering." But in a sighted test it would be responding to different
(and at a rather practical level, more) stimuli.

...otherwise the audio processing would be just as
valid as ever. I've asked for the scientifc studies showing how this
happens, neurologically,

As Dr. Mirabel has so rightly pointed out to you already, we know
approximately nothing about HOW the brain processes anything...

which it seems to me you must have in order to
assert it as fact, rather than supposition that this is the cause of
"sighted bias".

....but we don't need neurological evidence to know that the brain processes
different stimuli differently, because as we change the stimuli we get
different responses. And in the case of listening tests, when we remove
certain stimuli, we get more sensitive tests.

bob

What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/...dec03_hotmail1