Nousaine

Default Yet another DBT post

(Mkuller) wrote:

.....snip to content .....

(Nousaine) wrote:
This condition has never occured in any set of listener scores that I've
analyzed.

Selective memory? What about the most famous and one of the only published
audio comparison blind tests - Greenhill, 1991, with speaker cables?

That wasn't shown to be the case in that experiment. You seem to be
'remembering' another argument that a spread of scoring in a null test
represented a "true difference" in performance when it is clear that flipping a
coin also would represent a spread of scoring even with random probability.

And you think this hasn't been done? Toole /Li****z and Vanderkooy have

spent
good share of their careers doing this threshold work.

Now we're getting somewhere. Can you provide me a reference where they
veriified *the sensitivity of a sighted test using music is the same as a
blind
test using the same program*?

Of course not; because that work clearly shows that a sighted test is much
lower in sensitivity to aocustical cause due to the masking effect on non-sonic
causes. That's why figurative "blinding" is necessary .... to limit influence
to acoustical stimuli.