Andrew

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:38:15 -0700, George Jones - Logic7 wrote:

Anywho, this garbage about recording with Linux needs to stop. We need to
realize that certain platforms do certain things better than others. Right
now, Win32 and MacOS are a better choice for anyone looking to work with
audio and sequencing just like Win32 and Linux are better choices for
anyone looking to do serious CGI/3D animation work. This could change in
the near future,

This could change in the near future if users and distro owners decide we
want to change it. If we really wanted to trounce MacWin, we could funnel
money and talent into projects to create world class apps in Audio and any
other area we cared about (look at OO and Gimp).

When we finally get tired of being in second place, when we finally
realize we need to build and maintain world class apps, we will marshall
the resources necessary to wipe windows.

It's really that simple.