Tony Fernandes

Default SQ question regarding HUs

I've done a thorough Deja search and still haven't found exactly what I'm
looking for. I'm frustrated (or elated) that Eclipse's CD8053 player is
mentioned in the same sentence as Sony's CDX-C90, Nak's CD-700, and Denon's
DCT-Z1 in terms of SQ. I presently own the C90 and I'm quite happy with the
sound, but it has a crappy display and is difficult to navigate through its
menus. I used to own the CD-700 and was REALLY impressed with the sound and
ease of use but got quicly bored with it (and tired of the skipping). What
I want to know is if the 8053 is REALLY on par with these other units. I've
listened to it at my local retailer, but it's really impossible to compare
with what I have & have had without some controlled tests, which is
virtually impossible. I'm in love with the 8053's features and good looks,
but I'm not willing to fork out the money only to find I'm disappointed in
the SQ dept. after I've had it to listen to a while in my car. It's
certainly a LOT cheaper than the others, which might be an indicator...I
could go on and on. Help???

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that