Bruce Abrams

Default Yet another DBT post

"Michael Scarpitti" wrote in message
news:qrz%b.66485$Xp.316633@attbi_s54...
Stewart Pinkerton wrote in message

news:vOr_b.387604$na.593417@attbi_s04...

purchase equipment only from companies that use DBTs in their design

process?

No, because all cables sound the same, and all competent amps sound
the same.

Tautological:

If amps sound different, at least one is not 'competent'.

Let's just modify this statement a bit so that it more accurately represents
the position with which you are arguing. Competant amps are sonically
perfect within their power limits within the window of human audibility.

Given that no amp is perfect, there are NECESSARILY differences, as no
amp can be perfectly competent. I have heard obvious differences
between power amps. It is not even remotely possible for me to be
mistaken...

It is your unwillingness to understand and to accept the concept of
expectation (and other sighted) bias that causes you to pertuate such
arguments. Such biases have been acknowledged by virtually (if not
actually) every experimenter in every branch of science. Until you
understand this, no further discussion is possible.

Occam's principle is that the simplest explanation is the likeliest
explanation:

People who claim that they can hear differences in sound among amps
and cables sound different because they are hearing differences that
are real...

THTAT is a simpler explanation than anything else...

And again you are mistaken. The simplest explanation in this case, given
other scientific knowledge, is that those differences don't exist.