Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

This has been done with several people who claimed 'night and day'
differences such as you have done. Same result in each case - the
'obvious' differences mysteriously vanish when you don't *know* what's
connected.

The differences were not 'night and day', but subtle. 'Subtle' does not
mean 'non-existent', however. Don't distort or misquote me.

Let me offer my sympathies for having your statements distorted. It
happens a lot around here.

I think you have a good point, which is that differences between cables
are subtle, in the sense they can't be conceptualized. Red & green are
different colors, and in fact different concepts. Two shades of red are
not necessarily different concepts.

You can compare two shades of red by putting them next to each other--
but do the same thing with audio, and you've limited your
discrimination to time-localized properties. Whereas in my experience,
differences in musical feeling are time-extended or time-diffuse
properties.

Mike