Farrell8882

Default Marketing of High End (was Why shouldn't someone buy Bose?)

From: Bruce Abrams

Why do you suppose that someone over at one of the high value
equipment makers (like Rotel, B&K or Adcom) hasn't partnered up with someone
over at one of the high value speaker makers (like Paradigm) to put together
and market a "Bose Killer" system? I'd think some combination of Rotel
electronics and Energy, Paradigm, KEF, etc. speakers that would clearly
outperform the $2,800 Bose Lifestyle 35 system, could be successfully
marketed as an alternative.

B&W shares a distributor with Rotel. If I wanted I could buy both from the same
dealer where I live now. Don't know if there's any brand synergy. Where I used
to live, though, I was not able to buy both at my B&W dealer, so I guess not
that much is made of the common distributorship.

NAD and PSB are distributed by and, AFAIK, sold by the same dealers everywhere
in the US, I believe. They had a system once, a one-piece CD player-receiver
hooked up to a pair of PSB Alphas that sold for ~$799.

Lately, the PSB Image series and the NAD BEE series have been getting a lot of
good press, so I imagine dealers have been selling a lot of those combos.

As I imagine you know, Bruce, Paradigm and Anthem are owned by the same company
in Canada. I don't ever hear of them doing any cross-brand promotions. The only
brand of electronics I'm aware of my Paradigm dealer selling even is Sony. I'm
sure there are others -- I just couldn't tell you what they are.