Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Mic preamp build?

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 6:26:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
What are your thoughts on this?

They want $22 for the circuit board. Not sure what the components
cost.

Did I ever tell you the story, I worked in R&D and boss gave me a book on Operational Amplifiers. Inside was a instructions and parts list for a Phono Cartridge preamplifier. I designed and etched the PC Boards, boss helped me select only but the best components for low noise, even had the Grade A DIP Op Amps I needed (4). I built it and it worked like a champ!! Was even featured in a High Fidelity magazine. Decades passed, and I found the author, Walter Jung, online, so I thanked him for his great design!! Oh, and HE said he liked my MP3 snippets (on site) I enhanced!!

Jack

p.s. Electronic Parts continue to be tough to find!!