Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

"Audio_Empire" wrote in message

See, some things one just KNOWS aren't good either because it's
common knowledge or because they've had a related experience.
For instance, everybody has burned themselves on a stove or a
hot pot at some point. Therefore one doesn't have to actually
stick their head in a proverbial fire to know that it's not something
one would want to do.

OK

I know what a PA system sounds like, or
more precisely, I know that one doesn't sound anywhere near
as good as do the same instruments unamplified.

Unless of course the instrument can't be properly heard or won't be in
balance with the rest of the ensemble unless amplified.

I've performed this little balancing act 100s of times. Very commonly
needed.

Unless of course the room has poor acoustics and the sound system can make
some headway overcoming them.

Been there and done that too.