Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Has your memory card ever worn out?

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
Files from audio apps can be very large and get re-written
frequently, so it would be difficult, if not impossible to "guarantee"
that
such operations would not happen, which is why I asked.

Al the good programs I have used give you setup options on where to place
temp files, data files, backup files, autosave files, multiple scratch disk
usage etc.
There will always be poorly written programs that don't, your mission is to
find something else if you don't like how they behave.

Trevor.