Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,rec.audio.pro

Default Has your memory card ever worn out?

nospam wrote:
In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

enough to burn through some SSDs in short order. If you can afford SSD for
swap/paging, you can afford enough RAM to make I/O to swap or paging
unnecessary (in many cases).

That is true.

it's not true. ssd may be more expensive than a similar capacity hard
drive, but it's not *that* expensive unless you get really huge
capacities. 128-256 gig ssd are very affordable.

Not the point - it would be even faster with no backing store at all.

A quick google shows 16 GB of DDR3 for roughly $100. I have 4 or 8 GB
RAM on this machine, and I never see it use more than 1.5 GB.

--
Les Cargill