Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

Default Noob Ohm Issue 2 vs 8

bob zee wrote:

Then to keep it simple I am going to assume (1) channel and (1) sub
like in the picture. My amp will then be pushing a sub with an 8 Ohm
load. Is this correct?

Just to be *crystal* clear...

0. You have a four-channel amp--we'll call those channels A, B, C, and
D.

1. Bridge A + B together to make channel "AB".
Bridge C + D together to make channel "CD".
You now effectively have a "two-channel" amp.

2. Wire the VC on one driver in series per the diagram to which I
pointed you.
Do the same with the other driver.
You now effectively have two 8 Ohm drivers.

3. Take one 8 Ohm driver and hook it up to channel AB.
Take the other driver and hook it up to channel CD.
You now have a two-channel amp powering two 8 Ohm speakers.

4. Relax.

-dan