Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Michael

Default Recommended SACDs

Michael wrote:
On 2005-12-04 12:52:32 -0500, (---MIKE---) said:

Since I got my SACD (DVD) player, I have gotten 5 SACDs. I am not
impressed with the surround sound on any of them. Aside from the two
Living Stereo discs, I have the Dvorak 6th (LSO Live), Mozart Requiem
(DHM), and Rachmaninoff 2nd symphony (Channel Classics). None of these
show any rear channel ambience. Can anyone recommend some discs that DO
use the rear channels effectively for ambience? (I know that the Living
Stereos are only 3 channel or 2 channel).

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Stay away from the Dark Side of the Moon SACD. Norah Jones' albums on
SACD sound quite good, as do Patricia Barber, if you're into her.
Mobile Fidelity's jazz albums are very decent, too.

Hope that helps.

Michael

Why stay away from Dark side of the Moon SACD?