Eddie Runner

Default 5v pre-out head unit worth it?

If you like how your current headunit sounds, upgrading(?) to a
5 volt headunit wont help you... If you dont like how your headunit
sounds,
upgrading to ANY OTHER headunit might help, but still not having anything

to do with a 5 volt headunit... ;-)

On the other hand, the faster MP3 (between tracks) is kinda neat, and
might be worth the upgrade... I have had several Pioneer units (I work
at a car adio place) and my last change the headunit doesnt have a long
delay between MP3s when I switch manually like the old ones did, that
is great since I like to explore my MP3 cds...

Good luck
Eddie Runner

Marty wrote:

Hey everyone, I currently run a Clarion 545 head unit with a RF Punch
401s amp running JL xr components in the front. I have another RF
Punch 401s running 2 10" JL's in a sealed enclosure. Everything
sounds mint. However, upon a recent talk with a sales guy he says my
head unit is the weakest link in my system because the pre-outs are
only 2v. He wants to sell me a Kenwood Excelon 679 deck that has 5v
pre-outs and claims way faster mp3 seeking/scan.

Would it be worth it to upgrade? He basically said that it won't get
louder but the sound will be cleaner. Please any help would be
appreciated as I just bought this Clarion deck and would be taking a
loss by upgrading. And if it is worth the SQ in upgrade, just how
much will i notice it?

TIA!!!

M.