Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default 6SN7=6CG7?=?6FQ7

On Dec 7, 4:26*am, Ian Bell wrote:
Engineer wrote:
On Nov 25, 3:35 pm, Ian Bell wrote:
Peter Wieck wrote:
On Nov 24, 6:40 pm, Ian Bell wrote:

(Snip

I just found a web site called appropriately enoughwww.6SN7.comwhich
has loads of info on this tube. In the history section it states:

(snip)

Cheers

Ian

Ian, a great story... thanks, bookmarked. *Glad I've got a small
boxful... I must now sort them into variants! *g
Cheers,
Roger

Are you in the UK? I would like to buy a couple of genuine 6SN7 tubes so
I can compare their performance with the 6CG7.

Cheers

Ian- Hide quoted text -

Sheesh, guy!

How many do you need? I have at least a dozen-or-more and would be
glad to drop a few in a box for you, gratis. Even shipping to your
side of the pond can't be all that much.

I am not going to take the trouble of matching dual-triodes for you,
but I can mark their GM on each side & plate currents for you at least
as based on a Hickok tester.

Sorry it took me three days to notice this.

Petrer Wieck
Melrose Park, PA