Posted to rec.audio.tubes
bigwig bigwig is offline

Default 6SN7=6CG7?=?6FQ7

On 10 Dec, 09:07, Ian Bell wrote:
bigwig wrote:
On 10 Dec, 00:19, Ian Bell wrote:
bigwig wrote:
On 7 Dec, 09:26, Ian Bell wrote:
Engineer wrote:
On Nov 25, 3:35 pm, Ian Bell wrote:
Peter Wieck wrote:
On Nov 24, 6:40 pm, Ian Bell wrote:
(Snip
I just found a web site called appropriately enoughwww.6SN7.comwhich
has loads of info on this tube. In the history section it states:
(snip)
Cheers
Ian
Ian, a great story... thanks, bookmarked. *Glad I've got a small
boxful... I must now sort them into variants! *g
Cheers,
Roger
Are you in the UK? I would like to buy a couple of genuine 6SN7 tubes so
I can compare their performance with the 6CG7.
Cheers
Ian- Hide quoted text -
Ian,
* I am in the UK, I have some Sylvania 7N7s that are for all intents
and purposes 6SN7s. I only have six and I am using four in my curent
project so I would like them back but you can borrow them if you like..
I have sockets aswell if you need them. The only difference I see in
the data sheets is the disipation is the same as the basic 6SN7 2.5W
(3.5W?) and the capacitances are way lower. I say 3.5W because a
couple of sheets say max anode dis. per envelope as 7-7.5W and the
anodes are a bit large for just 2.5W, I may be wrong.
That's a really generous offer, Matt. Email me at
ianbellATukfsnDOTcoDOTuk so we can sort out details. No rush as it is
nearly Christmas and anyway my trusty Ferrograph RTS2 has just died -
again - now needs a new FET in the millivoltmeter circuit.

Cheers

Ian

* *I also have quite a few of the Pinnacle 6J5s that Allan Morgan
likes. These are clearly re-branded Russian tubes but as Allan clearly
demonstrates they measure very well. They are eactly the same as half
a 6SN7.
* * Matt.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, what is the FET in your Ferrograph I may have some?.

It's a BF256S. Can't seem to find them anywhere. I discovered the BF254C
is very similar so I ordered a few from Maplin.

Cheers

Ian- Hide quoted text -

Ian,
I have tried to emil you but it was sent back I guess I didnt decode
your address properly. I cant see how it looks alright to me. Maybe it
was sent back by UKFSN, it says delay in the message title I got back.
Matt