WillStG

Default BEHRINGER guitar amps, they really ...Ohh Poop!

George Perfect
we have an outright, official denial of any
involvement in that message on behalf of Behringer. Andy Cullen was
speaking on behalf of his company when he wrote that message. What is it
- other than prejudice - that leads you to suggest he was lying?

The official denial said "we are delighted to hear positive reviews from
satisfied customers" and "the opinions are individual responses" - obviously
suggesting the reviews were credible, and not word one about them being posts
intended to make Behringer look bad. And Jim from Behringer USA now says that
response was approved by "Mr Behringer himself". Why would any manager let
alone the President of a company ask a Tech to deal with PR or Customer
relations issues? Why didn't the response include an "if this was written by
one of our people they will be reprimanded for it" statement from Uli
Behringer?

Sorry George, this smells very badly of a "wink and nod" situation.

Maybe so - and it's not the first time folks have jumped on Behringer on
the flimsiest of excuses.

Nobody from Behringer was responsible for that original "review".

What's so hard to understand?

They made no statement in their response that "we know this makes us look
bad", they didn't say that someone was trying to soil Behringer's reputation by
posting crap. They gave no consideration to the idea that someone who
distributes their product, who is not technically "from Behringer" could well
have been doing this. Instead they just flat out claimed it was a post from
"overzealous users" while they lent weight rather to the notion they were
credible "reviews".

At the very least, they have not been forthcoming. Had they been, the
company disclaimers would have a good deal more credibility. As it is their
disclaimers just add to the stink.

As long as we're all clear that it wasn't Andy Cullen who farted.

As we know now that Andy's post was "approved by Mr. Behringer himself",
obviously the smell originates elsewhere.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News