Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W Phil W is offline

Default Before I spend too much...

:
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 08:18:46 +1200, geoff
wrote:

In the case of much classical music, the composer hadn't even considered
the possibility of there being any sort of 'recording'. So the
performance 'artifacts' were expected.

Perhaps expected and necessarily tolerated, but that doesn't mean they
were desired.

By the same degree it does not mean, those artifacts were NOT desired. There
are no notation signs for finger nails or guitar pick noises. So nobody can
know, if the composer had those in mind for "the full picture" or not!

Recently, I watched a modern jazz performance, where the guitar player made
his guitar strings vibrate by touching the strings with his loooooong beard
(similar to the ZZ Top guys´ ones) - I´m not aware of a notation sign for
that.

But, we all have our own preferences, right?

And some of us just prefer to be overestimate various aspects rather than
enjoy the more important parts.