Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] joe@mich.com is offline

Default Before I spend too much...

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 08:36:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Ty Ford: "de-finger-squeak"

I'm sure you've made lots of audiophiles
extremely happy - and have disappointed
a lot of purists - including the one who is
typing this.

I consider myself a purist, but I want to hear the pure music of the instrument, the sound caused by the
vibrating string, or the air bibration coming out of a pipe, just as it is written on the musical score. I don't
want to hear the noise of an organ blower, or the bearing noise of the motor running it, or the clicks of a
guitar pick, or the squeking chair as the performer moves. If it isn't on the musical score, it's noise.