Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Keep the Mac or eBay it?

Try it. It won't cost you anything to try it since you already have it.
You might like it. I do; I think the bash command language is a whole hell
of a lot nicer than Powershell, and it makes it very easy to do operations
like batch normalizing and batch resampling files when you're trying to get
large projects done, or ship out a lot of slightly different demos of a
project.

If you don't like it, by all means sell it.

The Apple thing is that it's a closed platform, so you pay more money, but
you know the hardware will meet at least some basic minimal standard and
if something goes wrong the hardware and software people can't point fingers
at one another because they are one and the same.

I like the Apple OS a lot more than Windows, but then I spend most of my
time on the command line. Your mileage may differ, and it won't cost you
any money to find out.

At the very least trying it out will let you get some basic operating skill
so that when you're in some studio with an Apple you won't be at a loss.