Eddie Runner

Default Toms ****ed now!

Nousaine wrote:

What cancellations? Your graphs show exactly the same response shape below 60
Hz; so exactly "where" are the cancellations?

Maybe on some sweeps and at some (NOT ALL) frequencies the SHAPE of
the curve is similar but the VOLUME or SPL is NOT THE SAME!

I would imagine the volume is changed in the listening area by the simple
reason there is interferance from reflecions causing
cancelation and reinforcment..

I would expect the interferance to cause UPS and DOWNS but you need
to keep in mind the UPS and DOWNS are much closer together in the upper
frequencies and at the lower freqs we are sweeping may be just one big DOWN
simply cause were dealing with long wavelengths....

Do some measurements yourself and see!!!!
Come on by and I will show you the measurements I am doing!!!

Nope. Please tell us exactly HOW a woofer system, with a fixed drive level, can
develop more SPL in a space at every and all fequencies below 60 Hz or so
without any cancellations evident depending on which way it faces?

reflections causing reinforcment!

Lower?

or higher due to reinforcment.... either way....

Your graphs just show the same response at lower frequencies with more
SPL?

Cant you read?
Did you look at my graphs?
Figgure out the results yourself, they dont lie!

Exactly how does this happen with a given displacement in the omni range?

reinforcment or cancelation due to reflected waves interfering with
direct and other reflected waves... simple... read ANY physics book Tom.

How does this magic woofer system know that it's supposed to get "louder" at
low frquencies when it turns its back on you?

Are you DENSE!
The woofer itself does not get louder (from the cone) but the sound is
louder or softer in the listening area because of reflections that happen
to be IN PHASE or OUT OF PHASE with the first wave or other
reflected waves... This could cause LOUDER (if in phase) or LOWER
(if out of phase) sounds in the listening area without increasing the
actual output from the woofer....

Why is that so hard for you to believe?

Your sweeps show NO cancellations below 80 Hz.

My sweeps definatly show a difference!!!!
I wanna call them cancelations but you can call em anything you
want to...

If you cant see the (several DB) differences below 80Hz
then you must be blind... Oh, click on the picture of the
graph and it gets BIG so you can see it better.....

If you dont think it is a cancelation then how would YOU explain it?
IT HAPPENED on all the cars we tested...
Why not do your own sweeps????????

You keep saying you have but I dont see any eveidence of it so far.

Im ready to stop the name calling and get to the tech stuff if
your willing to listen and stop just jabbin your jaws all the time
with nothing to back yourself up.

There's one above 100 Hz.

Look careful
ITS ACTAULLY BELOW 100Hz!!