Nousaine

Default Nosehaines Quotes from previous posts.. Why does he tell these

thelizman thelizman1221.yahoo@com wrote:

Nousaine wrote:

Because acoustic sounds at subwoofer frequencies (approximately 100 Hz) are
omnidirectional the SPL/Frequency response will be uneffected either way.

Bass below 100 hz is not omnidirectional. Humans percieve it as
omnidirectional because of the way our ears are physically structured.
In the real word, bass is as directional as any other frequency.

Oh sure, it's true that sound pressure has a direction gradient but if you
can't hear it as a direction why does that matter? If you cannot preceive it as
direction it just doesn't matter. And it doesn't have a direction gradient at
low frequencies in an enclosed space either.

Additionally, you appear to be confused. Omnidirectional simply means
without direction, often implying all directions. However, you act as if
it also means isotropic and invariant. It does not. Bass is not. You are
wrong.

What didn't you understand about "all directions" or "without direction" ?

Nousaine wrote:

I've done the experiment several times. At subwoofer
frequencies it just doesn't matter. How could it? At 20 hz
the wavelength is 50 feet long so the driver displacement

50 FEET LONG! WWWWWOOOOOW!

Wait a second...

wavelength = speed of sound / frequency
(in ft) (in ft/s) (in Hz)

....sooooo.....

50 ft = x / 60 hz
...or...
x = 300 f/s.

HOLY **** TOM! Sound is slow as hell in your neighborhood. Everywhere
else on the planet at sea level, the speed of sound is about 1087 f/s.
Sooooo....

And what does your argument have to do with the speed of sound? Are you
telling us that the wavelength of 20 Hz is NOT fifty feet. 1034 f/s speed of
sound / 20 Hz?

How could it be otherwise?

x = 1087 / 60 = 18.1167

Gee Tom, it seems that in the real world a 60 Hz wave is actually only
18 feet, 1 1/3rd inches.

Who ever said otherwise?

Nousaine wrote:

I've done the experiment several times.

So you claim, but you never produce any evidence. Eddie has pretty
pictures. Eddie even has CARTOONS

Cartoons as evidence? I publish results 6 times a tear. Eddie makes
ill-conceived cartoons. Help me out here. Eddie says that a single wall and a
woofer at 3-feet make a standing wave. Yet he says a standing wave has to have
2 sounds of the same frequency traveling in different directions. Exactly how
does he manage to get his standing wave interference effects to occur when the
sound is traveling in the same direction as it is at the locations he describes
in his idiot drawings? Help us out here.

Nousaine wrote:

You can also read about alien visits on websites too. At bass wavelengths

(17
feet @ 60 Hz and much longer at lower frequencies) there just aren't any
"cancellation" issues going on in the car cabin.

Wait, you just said 60 Hz delivered a 50 foot wavelenght. Now it's only
17?

Please, don't embarass yourself more. I said a 20 Hz tone has a 50 foot
wavelength, did I not?

Did you finally fix your air pressure problem in your part of the
world? I see it took two additional posts. I guess you're ahead of ahead
of the ball, since at the speed of sound in your world, it should have
taken three posts for the news to reach you.

Don't feel bad Tom! I wrote a haiku just for you on this special occasion...

Write one for yourself.