Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 9:44:30 PM UTC-5, Jason Standard wrote:
I have a situation where I have large numbers of audio files (wav, flac,
mp3) stored in various folders on several hard drives. Although I can
do Win search and bring up the files in one place, I wonder if there's
anything I can use to preview them without actually opening each one up
in a program. My DAW, Samplitude, allows one click preview of such
files without opening, but it only works on a per folder basis and not
after using something like Win search results. I tried making shortcuts
of the files found by Win search, but Samplitude sadly wouldn't preview
the shortcuts.

Any advice for a possible program that would do what I'm asking would be
welcome. I just want to one click and briefly hear each file no matter
where found and ideally in a Win search window if possible. Thanks!

Like to know how that is possible, play a file w/o opening it. I mean, I guess you could say you're DAW doesn't make a scratch copy, but even MP3s need to be opened and decoded to hear them, flacs have to be decompressed, etc..

Jack