Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W Phil W is offline

Default one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

"PStamler" :

For the .wav files and .mp3s, just double-clicking on the file name should
play it back, I presume via Windows Media Player. Flac files are a
different kettle of fish; for them you may have to get a player and
specify it as the default for flacs. Then you can open them with a
(double-) click too.

Just download and install the FLAC codec and those will play in WMP, just
like any other supported format. It´s easily available for free on the web.
No big hassle.

Anyway, I assume, the OP does *not* want the double-click way, because it
takes up more time (a new program has to start, opens its window and brings
it to focus) than previewing right within the search results list. Think of
thumbnail previews for image files, he´s looking for an audio equivalent...

Phil